3.18.2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day - yesterday








a day late on the well wishes.....





I actually managed to pull off a very Irish Boiled Dinner of corned beef and cabbage last night for my visiting mom and brother-in-law.


















With soda bread.






Scott's in Shanghai for the week. Possibly searching for a pint as I type this.


We didn't have Guiness, tho. Found some great Irish wine.

(....no, I jest. No wine from Ireland. I ended up purchasing wine based merely on the cool label design and the fact that it was 50% cabernet franc and 50% cabernet sauvignon, under $20)




My husband's Irish.

My kids are Irish.

I am not Irish. So, while I enjoy the once-a-year tradition of boiling meat and gross vegetables to death and slathering butter on crusty soda bread I draw the line with shiny green decorations and jigs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails