6.05.2008

and I walked home with a pitcher of Sangria

Yesterday, being Thursday-or Superlousyday as I would prefer to call it, was a bad day. I had two demonic kids that ignored every word I had to say, and a consistent wet, rainy, dreary chill and gray sky that seemed perpetually stuck in that dark-close-to-dusk time. On top of that, it was a stressy-but totally unfulfilled day at work.

There was a hovering gloom that would simply not.go.away.

Did I mention that it was a bad day?

But at the end of the day...the end of the day say around 7pm when the kids were coming down from their bad high I left the apartment and happened into pod in the village.

And I hung out with some friends and I chatted and I forgot that I was a mom of ill-behaved kids and I laughed and I joked...

and I walked home with a pitcher of Sangria.



and all was suddenly right with the world.

3 comments:

L.A. Prep said...

Love that I stumbled upon your blog. I lived in Brookline for many years, Kilsyth Road, near Cleveland Circle. I still summer in SE MA, before the crazy Cape. I also used to spend my summers in Newport RI & those Castle Hill pictures really brought me back! I had many strawberry dacquiri's there as a young 20 something with not a care in the world except all the handsome, young, single guys. Sunday afternoons were the time to go & quite the scene in the mid-80s.
Ahhh.....fun to look back on! Thanks for taking me back to some wonderful memories.

Karen @ BonjourBruxelles said...

Happy to oblige....anytime you wanna swing back East, let me know. We go either East or farther East to Europe...have yet to take a family trip West (so overdue!). Thanks for the shout.

k.

t said...

I love Sangria...and it is the perfect solution to a bad...or good...day! Have you posted on the AlphaWomen site? It's great...and you have a great style in your writing. Check it out www.alphawomen.com I love it! Let me know if you join the site so I can look for you there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails