6.10.2011

From My Head

Sometimes it clicks and sometimes it doesn't.  But this time, it clicked.

We were invited to a porch party this evening and I wanted to bring something that was summer-y but hearty, especially because we were bringing a pitcher of caipirinhas.  And to ward off that cheap rum headache that follows a night of cheap rum cocktails, I figured an easy appetizer of protein might be the perfect prescription.

I've also had ricotta in my head for some time.  Literally.  Like, wow, I feel so dumb lately.  But I also wanted to make some ricotta - 'cuz I haven't since the last time I whipped it up.  Ricotta....and......I wanted savory but not goopy.  I wanted something that would look pretty (I'm not even sure why the hell I think about something like this so much....really - like, who cares?  It's a friggin' gathering on a porch, fergodsakes).  And I wanted something clever and delicious.


my image 


So, how about a little ficelle crostini.  And how about some skirt steak.  And how about some of those delicate, green pea shoots.  And finally, how about some homemade ricotta that's punched up with some kicky horseradish.

my image

And it's assembled to create a one bite taste sensation.  Very pleased with how this clicked.  All out of my own head.  That's still filled with ricotta.  But not for long.

3 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

This makes me want to have a porch party. With you.

Karen @ BonjourBruxelles said...

Mrs. B - yes. Please. :)

Karen @ BonjourBruxelles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails