1.11.2008

A Sugarcube Birthday

I've always had this weird obsession with Bjork. Both the odd Icelandic, semi-Scandinavian, lead singer for the Sugar Cubes and the connected-to-Matthew-Barney, swan dress wearing Bjork.

And then a couple of years ago, when in New York for a weekend, I actually had a brush with her. At a playground in the West Village. She and her sweet nymph of a daughter were trying to open the gate to come in. The gate had a latch. A simple latch. You just lift the latch. It's a latch. That you lift.

Somehow I wasn't entirely surprised that someone as cerebral and creative as Bjork could not figure out the latch.

And I helped her into the playground. (sooo metaphorical, no?)

And for my dear friends that have January birthdays (Megan, Ruth and Leslie), I post this song for you!

2 comments:

72 and sunny said...

thank you! (can you please turn off the comment modderation-i like to see my name in lights)

Anonymous said...

Wow, no one's ever given me a Bjork song for my birthday before! Truly a unique gift (that keeps on giving). Thanks--Ruth

Related Posts with Thumbnails