1.26.2009

Cannelés Bordelais s'il vous plait?

These small, humble, little tumblers of deliciousness are originally from the Bourdeaux region of France. Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about them other than I found them to be utterly delectable.

(from www.papillesetpupilles.blogspot.com)

I came across these at work as someone brought in a box of them from Canto 6 Bakery in Jamaica Plain. I had never seen or tasted anything like them before. They're no bigger than maybe 2" tall. And they taste like a baked, cake-y version of a Crème brûlée . However, they're glossy, like a little donut hole. They have a caramelized exterior with a custardy interior.


(from maisonceleste.wordpress.com)


(from fxcuisine.com)

Pronounced, 'kahn-nuh-lay'. Get them fresh at Canto 6 in JP or you can even get a frozen box of
them (although no where near as tasty)from Trader Joe's.



(from nami-nami.blogspot.com)


And they are crazy good.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oui, merci!
(Or is it "Merci, oui!"? My parents made me take Spanish in high school.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails