6.30.2010

The Summer Holiday

I've been slow to post lately.  Apologies.  We've slipped into Summer Mom Camp, which means I have two kids I  have to entertain daily from basically 8am until 9pm.  For free. They don't tip, either.

But - it's not all bad or boring.  I have a visor, clipboard, and a whistle.  And I use them well.  Yet, this weekend we're all heading to Rhode Island for the long holiday weekend....which seems to make Summer Camp a little more palatable.

The 4th of July is by far my favorite holiday.  It's smack in the middle of summer (at least in Kansas it was - here in New England, maybe not so much), the ocean is warm enough to swim in, and it seems to me that time moves a little more slowly with days of surfing, playing pickle, and staying up late with a bonfire.


It's all about  Del's lemonade, mosquito bites, and Coppertone.  And fireworks on the beach.  Have a safe, happy holiday weekend.

1 comment:

72 and sunny said...

i'm just wondering, do you do camp councilor names?

Related Posts with Thumbnails