6.08.2010

A Rosé is (not) a Rosé

With apologies to Gertrude Stein and a heavy nod to the New York Times article on rosé wine, I wanted to share this bit on what is often a very misunderstood wine.




Tony Cenicola/The New York Times


I've posted in the past one of my favorite rosés, Tavel, a wonderful wine hailing from the southern Rhône wine region in France.

I invite you to click on over to this NY Times article and bone up on some this colorful libation. Because, frankly, I can't imagine a summer evening without a glass. As journalist Eric Asimov writes,


You really don’t need to see the seaside shimmering in the heat to enjoy a bottle, or smell the lavender, garlic, anise and saffron. It’s all there in the glass, along with the blues, pinks and yellows of a pastel sky, and the sounds of the motor scooters chugging over the cobblestones. Those are my images, at least. Good rosés call forth from each of us their own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails