6.12.2010

Hot Summer Reading




And on the top of my soon-to-be-7th-grader's list? Fahrenheit 451. One of my all-time faves, both book and movie. Based on the 1953 Ray Bradbury's book by the same title, this movie was released in 1966.

The book was like a watershed for me, a defining moment. The movie was just as memorable. Creepy, eery....like a movie you wake up to in the middle of the night when you fall asleep in front of the tv. I remember watching this when I was in junior high, after reading the book.



This image left a huge imprint. Still does.







A clip (click through to youtube), highlighting the whole premise. Movie starred Julie Christie and Oskar Werner. Directed by François Truffaut.

Easy to see why this struck such a chord to a 13 year old. And why I hope it will leave the same impression on my 11 year old, meaning: the dorky apple won't fall far from the dorky tree. "Welcome to the world of Sci-Fi."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails