3.23.2010

Sadaharu Aoki



When I was in Paris last December, my husband and I covered all sorts of ground around the 6th Arrondissement.

Left Bank, Rive Gauche, Latin Quarter, call it what you will....touristy or not, I continue to be taken by the simplistic yet ages old charm that thrives in this hood.







Along rue de Vaugirard sits this tiny, precious Japanese patisserie.






Scott and I stepped into this petite boutique, getting out of the rain. Ourselves, sloppy, drippy....suddenly the loud Americans and into this serene, calm, Zen-like pastry shop.

I was asked not to take any photos, so these were taken directly from the website.











With Easter around the corner, it's hard not to take a longing look at this Alice-in-Wonderland sweets.












I've never seen any food more stylized than these treats. And I've never really fully appreciated how similar Japanese sense of food design and the French sense of food design are. Intricate and precise.

























We left empty-handed. Everything just too pretty to actually eat.



But if you happen to be in Paris, I highly recommend you stop by:


pâtisserie Sadaharu AOKI paris
35 rue de Vaugirard, 6è

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails