10.04.2009

Poached

(borrowed from food52)

I find that the mornings that I have an egg or eggs at the start of my day, I'm much more alert and not really hungry until the afternoon. For years I've been mangling poached eggs (the healthiest version of the ovo, I feel).

Until I found this very basic and simple method.

Serves 1
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon white vinegar
• pinches Salt, pepper, and paprika
1. Set a timer for 4 minutes (but do not start it yet) and put your toast in the toaster, ready to start but not yet toasting. Crack an egg into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Once a full boil is achieved, add in the teaspoon of vinegar. Swirl the water into a whirpool with a spoon.
3. Gently, but quickly, slide the egg into the swirling water. Immediately move the pot from the heat and cover. Hit "go" on your 4 minute timer and pop the toast into the toaster.
4. After 4 minutes, remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Dab lightly with a paper towel, and transfer to a small serving bowl. Cut the toast into small slices for dipping. Sprinkle the egg with salt, pepper, and paprika.

2 comments:

Digital camcorders said...

I’ve never heard of such egg recipe before. I’ am very curious about what would be the taste. Thanks for sharing your recipe to us.

Gift registry said...

You have got to be kidding me! Is that really a door knob? It looks to me like a wall lamp shade.

Related Posts with Thumbnails