8.05.2008

Brookline Farmer's Market in Record Timing

Last Thursday I had maybe 15 minutes to run to the
famed and fabled Brookline Farmer's Market.


I was on a mission. Not so much interested in the verdant, leafy greens....



or these luscious, juicy, fuzzy peaches



or what looked to be a glorious and wonderfully various selection of squash and zucchini,


No.

I passed right by the ever-growing line waiting for fresh baked goods from Clear Flour



and headed straight to my new friends at River Rock Farms.




Trying to embrace the challenge of eating more locally grown produce and protein, I was happy to see that there was still some excellent cuts of meat available. And River Rock Farms (of Brimfield, MA) provides really some of the best locally farm raised natural beef. This small, family run farm is committed to providing the best, healthiest, and freshest meat available.


And my mission? I wanted either hanger or skirt steak.



Instead, I left with something completely new: Tri-Tip.

And it was outstanding. Lean and tender but completely flavorful.
It was just amazingly delicious.

So, like any happy girl from Kansas, I scored my 2 pounds of beef in 15 minutes or less.



Brookline Farmer's Market

Centre Street Parking Lot

June 19 – Oct 30, 2008

Every Thursday -1:30pm until Dark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails