Top Ten List
- Swimming in the Mediterranean both at Capri and at Marina della Lobra
- Swimming in the pool at our hotel with the kids
- While swimming in the pool hearing Colby announce loudly (several times) as he scurries out that he has to go 'poop-poop-poop!' while holding his bum.
- Chair lift with the kids and the locusts and the sun and the warmth over Capri. Felt like the closest thing I could come to human flight.
- Imbibing in local wine, olives and a variety of lemon-flavored things from the surrounding Agriturismo.
- Watching the sunsets over the Mediterranean with the kids.
- The boat 'tour' around Capri narrated by a cross between Silvio Dante and Bobby Bacala'.
- Free limoncello shots handed out by the local market owner.
- Did I mention swimming in the Mediterranean?
- Having the family in Southern Italy for a week's vacation, a far cry from Brussels and a farther cry from home.
Bottom Five List
- Crashing-bonking-knocking into a black Merc after getting lost 3 times on our way to Hotel Piccolo Paradiso, fresh off the plane.
- The knuckle-biting drive from our hotel to Positano and beyond, even though we were surrounded by breathtaking beauty.
- Never really getting used to this whole Italian-cultural thing of embracing RISK (and that an inch on either side of a car, boat, person is not enough!).
- Russian tourists that have arrived in throngs...a) they all seem to have enormous heads, b) body order (not that big-headed, smelly throngs of Russian tourists is necessarily a bad thing).
- Can't think of a fifth. It was a damn good vacation. Unforgettable and may not happen again for a while.
Olives from next door.